Friday, August 11, 2006

Wei-Hwa's Puzzle Challenge Number 12

Leave comments here: 15 comment(s)
August 11, 2006: Bolt Swap: This little gem was shown to me by Markus Götz. Swap the positions of the white and black kings in as few moves as possible -- however, there is a hidden rule that governs whether a king can be moved or not. Try to discover the rule; it will be pretty hard to solve the puzzle without knowing it!


Hints:
I still cant figure out the hidden rule but it has to do with having all 3 pieces of the same colored kings connected with each other. With some luck, I solved it without knowing what I did. I am going to post my answer and if someone can clarify what I did and get the answer in fewer steps, let me know. I am curious to find out the hidden rule. I solved it in 24 but I think 24 is BAD.

Current Best: 15 (Dave)

Answers / Solutions:
Answers are usually (and will be) posted in the comments section. Full answers will be posted on the solve puzzles page.

Test your friends! Go to: http://solvepuzzles.googlepages.com
Play Old Puzzles! Go to: http://solvepuzzles.googlepages.com/puzzle OR The Official Page
Digg this blog